Welcome to my blog! I hope to bring you a peace of mind.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Pain

Pain is an integral part to our lives and a rather natural reaction is to turn to pessimism in the face of emotional pain.

So many times I found myself asking: "Why?"

But through these difficult times, I came to certain realizations:

Through difficult times, we can better appreciate more walks of life. Through adversity, we learn to appreciate the journeys of others more: how everyone has fought their own battles in their own way to make it to where they are today. Understanding this sheds a more beautiful light towards humanity- also helping us to realize that we are not alone in most of our experiences.

We find courage through adversity. When we choose to accept failure, defeat, heartbreak, and learn to embrace our pain, we can often unfold our more compassionate self- forgiving those who have wronged us, misunderstood us, or misjudged us. The truth is, the most difficult part is not forgiving others, but rather, forgiving yourself.

Time and again, I am reminded that I am my own worst enemy. I do however, firmly believe that in the face of adversity, within the attempt to make peace with ourselves, we will eventually find the will to overcome our pain, and become our own greatest friend.

This will is rooted by courage, stemmed from strength, and empowered by you.

-On a side note, it can also be your own little anecdote to assist others in struggle =]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate all feedback! Thank you for commenting =).